ZTE unviels Nubia X with two screens and two fingerprint readers
ZTE has finally unveiled its flagship Nubia X at an event in China. The dual-screen flagship phone from ZTE comes with screens on both sides of the phone. The device comes with a 93.6% screen-to-body ratio which is arguably the best feature of Nubia X. The phone is free from notch and the smartphone maker brought ZTE Nubia X smartphone in which it removed the front camera altogether.
The main display at the front has an FHD+ (1080 x 2280 pixels) resolution and has a screen size of the 6.26-inch with a tall 19:9 aspect ratio. The secondary display stretches to 5.1" and has the same 19:9 aspect ratio but lower HD+ (720 x 1520) resolution. The latter can be used as additional controls during gaming and can be mapped to your liking. It uses an LCD panel, while on the back you get a secondary OLED screen.
- You may be interested in:
Smartphone price in Nepal
To power up the phone, ZTE has used Snapdragon 845 chipset on the phone which is supported by 6GB or 8GB of RAM. On the storage, the phone starts at 64GB and goes up to 256 GB. The expansion of storage through SD card in the phone is not available. Talking about the battery, the phone packs a 3800mAh battery, which is non-removable. The phone also supports Quick Charge 4.0 which charges the device really fast.
Talking about the camera on the device, Nubia X boasts a 16MP main lens with f/1.8 aperture while the 24MP unit possesses a brighter f/1.7 lens. The cameras are assisted by AI scene recognition feature and PDAF phase detection autofocus. The Nubia X doesn't have a front-facing camera, as you can easily snap selfies with the dual setup on the back using the secondary screen. The phone also has two fingerprint readers positioned on the two sides. Depending on which one you use, you can unlock either screen. The scanners also double as navigation buttons, which is kind of cool. Sadly, there's no 3.5mm audio jack.
- Dimensions: 1 x 73.3 x 8.4 mm;
- Weight: 181 grams
- Primary Display: 6.26 inches IPS LCD
- Secondary Display: 5.1 inches OLED
- Protection: Gorilla Glass 3 protection on both sides
- Resolution: 2280 × 1080 pixels with 19:9 aspect ratio, 403PPI (primary) + 1520 × 720 pixels with 19:9 aspect ratio, 330 PPI (secondary)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- CPU: 4 × Kryo 385 Gold @ 2.65 GHz + 4 × Kryo 385 Silver @ 1.80 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB, No SD card slot for memory expansion
- Rear Camera: (24 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (16 MP, f/1.8, PDAF), Dual-LED (dual-tone) flash
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano SIM), Dual 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,800 mAh, supports Quick Charge 4.0 (9V/2A or 18W)
- Sensors: Dual fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Price And Availability
- 6GB/64GB, Gray & Black: 3299 Yuan | $475
- 6GB/64GB, Blue: 3399 Yuan | $490
- 8GB/128GB, Gray & Black: 3699 Yuan | $531
- 8GB/128GB, Blue: 3799 Yuan | $545
- 8GB/256GB, Gray & Black: 4199 Yuan | $603
- 8GB/256GB, Blue: 4299 Yuan | $617
Sales are set to start on November 5 internationally.