Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Launches with Slider, 5G and 4 AI Camera
After days of leaks, rumors, and teasers, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is finally official. The third phone in the Mi Mix series, Mi Mix 3 comes with the improved camera and no notch design. Mi Mix comes with a magnetic slider for the selfie camera and two cameras in either side.
The flagship Mi Mix 3 features a large 6.4-inch AMOLED display and comes with a massive 93.4% screen-to-body ratio and Full HD+ resolution. Almost similar to OPPO Find X and Vivo Nex, which comes with a slider for the camera to minimize the bezels, the Mi Mix 3 does a similar job but the slider is magnetic in this device which differs from the motors in the other devices.
In the camera department, the phone houses altogether 4 cameras. The front camera duo is mounted on a magnetic slider that reveals a 24 MP + 2 MP. The slider slides out the front camera when the camera app is opened. The main sensor here is the Sony IMX576, which the company claims can achieve 1.8µm pixel size by 4-pixel binning in low-light environments. Its resolution is effectively reduced to 6MP in those conditions though. The back comes with two 12 MP wide angle and telephoto lenses. The camera features a night mode that lets you take long exposure shots just like what we saw on the P20 Pro. Additionally, the phone supports 960 fps slow-mo videos with automatic background music feature. The lens on the back is of 1/1.8 and f/2.4 aperture.
To power up the device, the phone gets a powerful Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 6GB, 8GB or 10GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB storage. The phone does not let you expand memory as it lacks expandable storage slot and it neither comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The battery capacity of the device is 3200 mAh and you do get fast wired charging through the USB-C port as well as decent 10W wireless charging. The device supports Quick charge 4+.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inches OLED screen with 93.4% screen to body ratio (19.5:9 ratio) | 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 10
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB | 8 GB | 10 GB
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB or 512 GB
- Rear Camera: Dual12 MP wide-angle, f/1.8 large aperture, 2PD dual-core focus lens + 12 MP Telephoto lens
- Front Camera: Dual 24 SONY IMX576 1.8μm Large pixel +2 MP
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@960fps
- SIM (s): Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,200 mAh battery | 18W QC3.0 charger & 10W wireless charger
- Connectivity:Wi-Fi 802.11 a b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, hotspot, dual-band
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Availability and Price
Mi Mix 3 is available in three colors - Jade Green, Sapphire Blue, and Onyx Black. The price for the 6/128 GB variant is $474 the 8/128 GB one is $515, while the 8/256 GB is $575. All versions will come with a 10W wireless charger included in the retail package as well as a protective case. While the 10GB RAM variant is called Forbidden City and comes in a different hue of Blue and will cost $720.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobile Price in Nepal