Xiaomi Launches Flagship Redmi K20 series in Nepal With Cutting-Edge Technology
Xiaomi launched the much anticipated Redmi K20 series of smartphones -- Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro -- as the first flagship series under the Redmi sub-brand in Nepal.
Redmi K20 series - Outperform Every Day
Redmi K20 and K20 Pro promise a flagship, high-end user experience with the latest tech powering both devices. Both, Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro feature a 16.2cm (6.39) 19.5:9 full HD+ AMOLED Horizon Display with minimal bezels on all sides. Coupled with a 20MP pop-up selfie camera, the Redmi K20 series achieves an incredible 91.9% screen-to-body ratio -- one of the highest in the industry. The Horizon AMOLED Display comes with 7th generation in-display fingerprint scanner and is protected by curved Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 on both phones.
Redmi K20 series introduces the beautiful Aura Prime design language, which makes it exceptionally beautiful while retaining functionality at the same time. The Redmi K20 phones come with industry-first colors inspired by Fire & Ice, in Glacier Blue, Flame Red, and Carbon Black color variants.
Redmi K20 and K20 Pro promise a flagship experience; feature Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 855 and 730 processors, AMOLED displays, 48MP AI triple cameras, 20MP Pop-up selfie cameras and more
The aesthetics department is completed by the pulsating notification LED that sits on top of the pop-up camera mechanism (tested to work at least 300,000 times) along with a stylish halo ring around the camera module.
Redmi K20 series comes with an AI triple camera setup, comprising of a 48MP main camera, 8MP telephoto and a 13MP wide-angle.
It is powered by a huge 4,000 mAh battery, which can last up to 2 days in regular usage conditions. Both the phones come with USB Type-C port, 3.5mm headphone jack, and fast-charge support. Redmi K20 series comes with the highest quality standards; P2i nano-coating makes the phones splash-proof, while Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 on the front and rear of both phones make them durable and long-lasting, beautiful pieces of tech. Other intuitive quality improvements include fall detection, which makes the pop- up camera retract automatically in case of a drop.
Speaking on the occasion, Sourabh Kothari, Country General Manager - Nepal, Xiaomi, said, “We are thrilled to launch the Redmi K20 series in Nepal. As the first of our Redmi flagship series in Nepal, Redmi K20 and K20 Pro truly redefine the ultimate flagship experience. Featuring the new pop-up camera along with an AMOLED screen, as well as an in-display fingerprint sensor, the phones offer our Mi Fans the best of cutting-edge technology with high quality at truly honest pricing. We are also delighted to share that our Mi Fans can experience the all-new Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 855 and Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 730 in Redmi K20 Pro and Redmi K20 respectively, thus bringing power-packed performance to all users in Nepal.”
Redmi K20 Pro - The Alpha Flagship
Redmi K20 Pro is a true flagship; a power user’s delight. It is the first Redmi phone to be based on the Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 855 mobile platform, which is the fastest processor in the world (45% faster than its predecessor SD 845). The Snapdragon 855, with its tri-cluster architecture (1 x Prime core, 3 x Gold cores, 4 x Silver cores) and 7nm architecture, gives Redmi K20 Pro immense processing prowess, making it one of the most powerful smartphones in the world.
Redmi K20 Pro comes with 48MP AI primary camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, along with an 8MP 2x telephoto camera and 13MP ultra-wide camera with a 124.8° field of view. Available in two storage variants (6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB), Redmi K20 Pro will feature the three Fire and Ice colors mentioned previously.
A high-res DAC gives Redmi K20 Pro the ability to playback lossless audio (up to 24-bit, 192KHz), while dual GPS antennas ensure pinpoint GPS accuracy. Redmi K20 Pro supports 27W ‘SonicCharge’ and comes with an 18W charger in the box.
Redmi K20 Pro Specs
- CPU – Octa-Core 1x 2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x 2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 485
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 64-Bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 640 GPU
- Camera – Triple 48 MP f/1.8 + 13 MP + 8 MP Rear Camera | 20 MP Front Pop-up Camera
- Memory – RAM – 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x, 2133MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB/256GB External Memory Not Support
- Display – Screen size 6.39 inches Super AMOLED FHD+ Screen with (1080 x 2340 Pixels Resolution), Gorilla Glass 5, 19.5:9 Aspect ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 4000 mAh Lithium-Polymer, 27W Fast Charging, (Quick Charge 4+)
- SIM – Dual SIM Card (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer, Fingerprint, Hall, In-display fingerprint sensor, Step detector, Step counter
- Color – Black, Red, Blue
- Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI V10
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM, TF Card Slot, Type-C USB Port, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 156.7 mm x 74.3 mm x 8.8 mm
- Weight – 191 Grams (with Battery)
- Price in Nepal: Rs. Rs. 49,999(8/256GB)
Redmi K20 - Expand your Horizon
Redmi K20 is one of the first phones to be launched with the new Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 730 SoC. Snapdragon 730 is the 3rd fastest chipset to be ever launched by Qualcomm (after SD 845 and SD 855) and is 40% faster than its predecessor - the Snapdragon 710. This makes Redmi K20 one of the most powerful phones in the mid-premium segment.
Redmi K20 features a similar AI triple rear camera arrangement as Redmi K20 Pro, with a 48MP Sony IMX582 primary sensor. It supports 18W fast charging and comes with 18W charger right out of the box.
Redmi K20 Specs
- Display:6.39-inch full-HD+ AMOLED screen
- Back Camera: 48-megapixel (f/1.75, 1.6-micron) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 1.12-micron) + 13-megapixel (f/2.4, 1.12-micron)
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730(8nm)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- OS: Android Pie with MIUI 10
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core (6x1.8GHz + 2x2.2GHz)
- RAM: 6GB
- Rom: 64GB
- Battery:4000mAh (typical)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Micro USB, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi HotSpot.
- Color: Carbon Black, Glacier Blue, Flame Red
- More Features: Aluminium Alloy and Glass Body Design, 8nm Chip, Super AMOLED Display, Fast charging, Type-C 2.0 USB, Smart Gestures, VoLTE Support, Borderless Design,18W Fast Charging, Motorized pop-up Selfie, AI Performance, Game Turbo 2.0, Sony Sensor, etc.
- Redmi k20 Price in Nepal: Rs.39,999(6/128GB)
Price and Availability of K20 and K20 Pro in Nepal
- Redmi K20 Pro is available from 11th August in three colors - Flame Red, Glacier Blue and Carbon Black, across all offline channels in Nepal and Daraz.com.np for NPR 49,999 for the 8GB+256GB variant.
- Redmi K20 is available for NPR 39,999 for the 6GB+128GB variant.