Top 5 Features on OnePlus 8 Pro | Best From OnePlus
OnePlus has finally launched the most awaited two phone i.e. OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. There has been going a lot of hype around the pro version as it has some of the best features and new features also that we have not seen yet in any on OnePlus phones. After the launch of OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus phones can’t be categorized as the flagship killer. Though these phones have flagship killer specs but with new features on these phones, the prices of these phones also rises up. Until last year, with the launch of OnePlus 7T, it provided some of the best features which you get only on the high-end phone but at half the price. But that’s not the case now. The 8/128GB version costs around $900 and 8/256GB variant costs around $1000 which is not cheap and the pricing is similar to flagship phones from Samsung, Huawei & Apple (Still OnePlus is cheaper).
To talk more about OnePlus 8 Pro, we have listed out the top 5 new features that you get with OnePlus 8 Pro.
After introducing the world’s first 90Hz display on a smartphone with the OnePlus 7 Pro, the latest OnePlus 8 Pro is now pushing an even higher 120Hz refresh rate on a slightly bigger 6.78″ QHD+ OLED panel. The resolution is slightly higher at 3168×1440 pixels and the screen is also HDR10+ certified.
The 8 Pro's display can reproduce over 1 billion colors and a color-accuracy of under 0.55 JNCD (Just noticeable color difference).
OnePlus 8 Pro comes with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset which means you can expect top-notch performance from OnePlus 8 Pro. The pro model comes with the latest LPDDR5 RAM with 8GB or 12GB variant along with UFS 3.0 storage. Which means there is no compromise with the speed of OnePlus 8 Pro.
Quad camera setup with new 48MP primary sensor
According to OnePlus, they have made the biggest camera upgrade yet on the OnePlus 8 Pro. It features a 48MP f/1.78 main camera that uses a large 1/1.4″ Sony IMX689 sensor and a 48MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle shooter that utilizes a familiar Sony IMX586 sensor.
There’s also an 8MP telephoto camera that offers 3X hybrid zoom while a 5MP camera is used as a color filter lens. Both main and telephoto cameras are equipped with optical image stabilization and the 8 Pro can shoot up to a maximum of 4K resolution videos at 60fps.
IP68 Dust & Water Resistance
For the first time, OnePlus has introduced IP certification, as OnePlus 8 Pro comes with IP68 water and dust resistant which means the phone can be submerged on the water up to 1.5m deep for 30 minutes not more than that.
The largest battery in OnePlus phone & first-ever wireless charging
OnePlus 8 pro is powered by the largest battery on OnePlus phone i.e. 4510mAh battery which is 10% larger than last year’s OnePlus 7T Pro. The phone comes with the previous year’s 30W warp charger.
On top of that OnePlus has introduced wireless charging for the first time in their phone series. With the compatible Warp Charge 30W Wireless charging dock, you can get 50% power in just 30 minutes. Though this is their first phone with wireless charging they had done it a great way as Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra comes with 15W wireless charging though Samsung has been using wireless charging years back.
OnePlus 8 Pro Specifications
- Body: 165.3 x 74.35 x 8.5 mm; 199g; metal frame; "3D Corning" Gorilla Glass 5 back
- Screen: 6.78" 120Hz Fluid AMOLED display: QHD+ (3168 x 1440 px) ~513 ppi; 1.07 billion colors; 19.8:9 aspect ratio; protected by "3D Corning" Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 Gold & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585 Silver) + X55 5G modem; Adreno 650 GPU; X55 5G modem
- Memory: 8GB or 12GB LPDDR5 RAM; 128GB or 256GB non-expandable UFS 3.0 storage
- OS/Software: Oxygen OS 10.5 based on Android 10
- Rear camera: quad-camera setup; Wide (main): Sony IMX689 48MP sensor, 1.12 µm pixels, OIS, EIS, f/1.78 aperture, all-pixel omnidirectional autofocus; Ultrawide: 48MP IMX586, f/2.2 aperture, 0.8 µm pixels, 119.7-degree field-of-view; Telephoto: 8MP sensor, f/2.44 aperture, 1.0 µm pixels, OIS; Color Filter camera: 5MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 (same as 7 Pro/7T Pro), fixed focus, 1.0 µm pixels, f/2.45
- Battery: 4510 mAh, Warp Charge 30T, Warp Charge 30 Wireless, reverse wireless charging
- Misc: Dual, stereo speakers; Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1; Dual nanoSIM support; optical in-display fingerprint scanner; physical notification switch;
So, what do you think about this new OnePlus 8 Pro? What is your favorite feature on this phone and what are the features that you look in a phone when buying? Let us know in the comment section.