Redmi 9 Launched in Nepal | Priced below Rs.18K for 4/64GB Variant
Redmi, Xiaomi’s sub-brand is known for budget-friendly smartphones. After days of leaks and rumors, Redmi has finally launched the new entry-level device in the Redmi 9 series dubbed as Redmi 9. It arrives with some impressive and attractive features on it. The base variant of Redmi 9 is launched at a price of 149 Euros in Spain. Now, Xiaomi Nepal has officially launched Redmi 9 in Nepal with the starting price of Rs.16,999 for 3/32GB Variant. You may also check Xiaomi Mobile Prices in Nepal.
Redmi 9 Overview
Redmi 8 was one of the best selling smartphones in Nepal in entry-level segment which was launched at the price of Rs.14,999. Redmi 9 is the new entry-level device from the Redmi 9 series. Redmi is the successor to the last year’s Redmi 8. Redmi 9 is the first device in the number series phones to feature an FHD+ display and a quad-camera setup. Now, let’s see more in detail about Redmi 9.
Talking about the design of Redmi 9, it is made of polycarbonate (plastic) with a matte finish. It has a very classy design. The Redmi 9 boasts a 6.53-inch Full HD+ Dot Drop display with a resolution of 2340x1080 pixels that gives an immersive viewing experience. It has an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9, and a screen-to-body ratio of 89.83%. It also has a 394 PPI, 70% NTSC color gamut, up to 400 nits brightness, and a Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It has a waterdrop notch that houses a selfie camera. It can be considered to have the best display on the series.
Now coming to the highlighting feature of Redmi 9 i.e. the optical department of the device, it sports a quad-rear camera setup that consists of 13MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with FOV 118 °, a 5MP macro lens with a 4cm focus distance, and a 2MP depth sensor.
And, at the front, it comes with the 8MP selfie camera with an aperture of F/2.0 and FOV 77.8 °. Redmi 9 is the first Redmi to arrive with a quad AI camera. It can do a video recording with 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 30fps. It arrives with camera features such as Kaleidoscope, Ultra Wide Angle Mode HDR, Macro Mode Portrait Mode, Palm shutter, HDR, Screen flash Self-Timer, etc.
Under the hood, Redmi 9 comes powered by the gaming-focused Media Tek Helio G80 chipset that also powered the Realme Narzo 10. It is coupled with up to 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage.
On the software front, Redmi 9 runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 out-of-the-box. It has a 107% performance improvement over the previous generation i.e. Redmi 8. It has a face unlock and a fingerprint reader at the rear.
Redmi 9 is backed up by the massive 5,020mAh battery that is the same as that of the Redmi Note 9 series. It also supports Quick ChargeTM 3.0 technology and 18W fast charging. The smartphone will be available in three different color variants such as Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple, and Ocean Green.
Redmi 9 Specifications
- Display: a 6.53-inch Full HD+ Dot Drop display with a resolution of 2340x1080 pixels,19.5:9, 400 nits & Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Media Tek Helio G80 chipset
- Memory: 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage
- Software: MIUI 11 based on Android 10 out-of-the-box
- Rear Camera: Quad Camera Setup
- Main: 13MP (F/2.2)
- Ultra-Wide: 8MP (F/2.2),118-degree FOV
- Macro: 5MP (F/2.4), FF (4cm)
- Depth: 2MP
- Front Camera: 8MP with an aperture of F/2.0.
- Battery: 5,020mAh battery along with the support for Quick ChargeTM 3.0 technology & 18W fast charging.
- Colors: Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple, and Ocean Green.
- Sensors: Vibration motor, Distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Electronic compass, and IR sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G connectivity, VoLTE, single-band (2.4 GHz) WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, wireless FM radio, microSD card slot, USB Type-C, multifunctional NFC, IR blaster, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Price in Nepal: Rs.16,999[3/32GB], Rs.17,999[4/64GB]
Redmi 9 Price in Nepal, Availability
The base variant of the Redmi 9 is priced at €149 in Spain and was available for sale starting June 18, 2020. The price of Redmi 9 in Nepal is Rs.16,999 for 3/32GB and Rs.17,999 for 4/64GB. The entry-level smartphone will be competing with the likes of Redmi Note 9 Pro, Samsung Galaxy M21, Motorola Moto G8 Power Lite, etc. The price of Redmi 9 for different variants are given below:
|Device||Variants||Price In Spain||Price In Nepal|
|Redmi 9||3GB+32GB||149 Euros||Rs. 16,999|
|4GB+64GB||179 Euros||Rs. 17,999|