Xiaomi Redmi 8 | Best Entry Level Phone of 2019
After the success of the Redmi 7 series with Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi 7A, Xiaomi has launched Redmi 8 Series with Redmi 8, Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro and Redmi 8A. Pro is the high-end device, Note being slightly less powerful along with 8 being mid-range with A with entry-level specs. Redmi 8 was previously available in Nepal at the price of Rs. 14,999 for 4/64GB variant. Later Xiaomi Nepal hiked the priced stating the inflation of Nepali currency as compared to USD and the new price of Redmi 8 in Nepal is Rs. 15,999. Redmi 8 was one of the best phones under Rs.15,000 in Nepal. With this competitive pricing and the feature that the phone has packed, Redmi 8 is the best entry-level phone of 2019.
Redmi 8 Overview
Design and Display
Xiaomi Redmi 8 features a 6.22-inch IPS LCD display, with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. It has a pixel density of 270 PPI and an aspect ratio of 19: 9. Redmi 8 measures 156.5 x 75.4 x 9.4 mm (6.16 x 2.97 x 0.37 in) and weighs 188 grams. There is support for Dual SIM with dual sim standby and also the body of the phone is splash resistant. Furthermore, the screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for better safety.
The new Redmi 8 is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor and is coupled with 3GB of RAM. Octa-Core (4 X 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + 4X 1.45GHz Cortex A53) processor is expected to run the device smoothly to cater to your daily needs.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 houses a 32GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 512GB by using a memory card. The handset runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Redmi 8 packs a 12-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture and a second 2-megapixel camera on the rear. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
Both the cameras are capable of clicking decent images and also can record quality videos.
Battery and Connectivity
Acting as the stamina provider, the device is equipped with a 5,000mAh Li-Po battery, which is pretty good to serve for a day.
Connectivity options on the device include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, USB Type-C, FM radio, 3G, and 4G with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone incorporate accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Redmi 8 supports face unlock.
Redmi 8 Full Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset: Snapdragon 439
- CPU: Octa-Core (4 X 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + 4X 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD (dedicated)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus, secondary 2MP depth camera
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging (10W charger inside the box)
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
- Price in Nepal: Rs 14,999(4/64GB)
Redmi 8 Price and Availability in Nepal
Xiaomi Redmi 8 is available in Nepal and the price of the Redmi 8 in Nepal is Rs. 15,999 for 4/64GB variant. Xiaomi Redmi 8 was launched on November 11, 2019. This 4 GB RAM / 64 GB internal storage base variant of Xiaomi Redmi 8 is available in four color variants of Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Emerald Green, and Onyx Black. The phone is expected to compete with phones like Samsung Galaxy A20, Galaxy M20, Galaxy A10s, Huawei Y6 Pro 2019 and more.