Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus Announced | Finally Cracks 3GHz Barrier
Qualcomm, the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G has announced the new refreshed flagship processor. It is dubbed as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus. It is the upgraded version of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 that was launched back a year ago. Upgraded Flagship Mobile Platform will be Powering most of the Commercial Smartphones in Second Half of 2020.
What’s New in it?
- The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus arrives with Kryo 585 CPU with a clock speed boosted up to a maximum of 3.1GHz breaking the 3GHz barrier in the process. That’s a 10% increase in CPU performance over Snapdragon 865.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus Adreno 650 GPU now delivers a 10% faster graphics rendering in comparison to vanilla Snapdragon 865 GPU.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus features Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 that goes on to support Wi-Fi speeds up to 3.6Gbps.
- It features Bluetooth 5.2 instead of Bluetooth 5.1 in that of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus comes with a 4-stream Dual Band that allows for simultaneous harnessing of multiple antennas and bands to provide faster speed or latency performance.
Alex Katouzian, senior vice president and general manager, mobile, Qualcomm Technologies said, “As we work to scale 5G, we continue to invest in our premium tier, 8-series mobile platforms, to push the envelope in terms of performance and power efficiency and deliver the next generation of camera, AI and gaming experiences.” He further added, “Building upon the success of Snapdragon 865, the new Snapdragon 865 Plus will deliver enhanced performance for the next wave of flagship smartphones.”
Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus comes with most of the perks of Snapdragon 865. That means you also get the support for 144Hz refresh rates, 8K video recording, support for 200MP stills, comprehensive 5G support (mmWave and sub-6GHz), Quick Charge 4 Plus, and many more.
From the official press release of Qualcomm, we have known that the Snapdragon 865 plus will be featured in the Asus ROG Phone 3 and Legion Gaming Phone. And we already know that Asus ROG Phone 3 will launch on July 22 as Asus announced. The legion gaming phone will be debuting next year. More smartphones based on Snapdragon 865 Plus is expected to be announced in the third quarter of 2020. So, it won’t be long till we can get to see the chipset in action. What are your thoughts about the new flagship processor?