OPPO Unveils The World’s First 5G Hotel in Australia!
Whether you’re a hardcore tech-head, or a keen traveler looking for the latest luxury getaway without breaking the bank, OPPO’s 5G Hotel in Australia is here to answer all your accommodation needs.
To give everyone a glimpse of what’s possible with 5G, OPPO Australia has created the world’s first traveling, 5G-powered Smart Hotel. The entire hotel is powered off OPPO’s Reno smartphone and the 5G network and packed full of the latest tech, it will be touring 5G locations throughout Australia for the next few months, beginning its journey in the Gold Coast’s very own Home of the Arts (HOTA).
What can travelers expect from the 5G Hotel?
- Smart Mirror - The hotel Smart Mirror has everything guests could wish for in a mirror. Simply connect a smart device to watch the latest news, get updates on stocks, read the morning newspaper, watch movies, or get the ideal light for the perfect mirror selfie.
- Game Anywhere: Through the hotel’s 5G Gaming Suite, guests can experience a high-end gaming computer in the palm of their hand. Users can game locally on the PC, or leverage the 5G smartphone to access a library of games and play from anywhere.
- Get things done hands-free - The Hotel’s Reno 5G device is connected to a Google Home Hub, as well as an array of smart-home features. Guests can use their voice to control the lighting, play their favorite songs from YouTube Music, ask questions and get visual, immersive answers from Google.
- Experience Augmented Reality (AR) - The hotel has a number of immersive AR apps on show, including an interactive introduction to the Reno 5G and an AR Wardrobe, which enables guests to preview different outfits in a virtual AR runway.
- Access entertainment buffer-free - Download, stream and watch to your heart’s content with 5G. Enjoy Netflix buffer-free or download a whole season of your favorite show while you make a cup of coffee, and watch it on the hotel’s widescreen TV.
The 5G Hotel - a 40ft shipping container turned futuristic hotel - is already made available to book from August 1st to August 30th at HOTA for AU$150 per night*, with all proceeds from bookings being donated to local charities. Guests can take in a show, attend one of the many HOTA events or simply sit back and relax, taking in views of the city’s skyline.
With a matte black exterior and minimalist interior touches to match, the 5G Hotel already looks like a classy, self-contained cabin. But it’s what’s inside that really sets it apart.
More from Oppo
The luxury one-bedroom suite is jam-packed with the latest technology including 5G cloud gaming, buffer-free streaming, a range of immersive AR apps and advanced smart home features - including a smart mirror!
Whilst at HOTA, guests of the 5G Hotel can enjoy the Glow Festival, Farmers Markets, Dancing on the Green and the Gold Coast Eisteddfood, the largest performing arts show of its kind in Australia.
OPPO 5G Hotel Information:
OPPO 5G Hotel bookings available from 1st August 2019 - 30th August 2019
Cost: AU$150 per night for two people
Location: HOTA The Gold Coast
To book, or for more information on where the 5G Hotel goes next, head to www.oppo5GHotel.com