OFFICIAL: OPPO A9 2020 Announced | Launching Soon in Nepal
Oppo has announced a new phone in their mid-range segment and the device is named as OPPO A9 2020. Though there is no official news regarding the launch date and price of this phone in Nepal, it will be launched around the time of Dashain and Tihar. 48 MP Sony IMX586 sensor, 5000 mAh battery with reverse charging etc. are some highlights of this phone.
OPPO A9 2020 Overview
Design & Built Quality
Talking about the design of the phone, OPPO A9 2020 features 6.5’’ New Waterdrop Sunlight HD+ IPS LCD screen with 720*1600 resolution with 19.5:9 aspect ratio and gorilla glass protection. The front design of the phone looks quite bezel-less and has a small chin. Though OPPO A9 2020 is a mid-range phone I think they should have gone either HD+ screen with OLED panel or Full HD+ screen with LCD screen. We will do a full review of the phone once it is launched and find out how good the display is.
One the back of the phone, we have a triple camera set up with fingerprint scanner and OPPO logo below the fingerprint scanner. In terms of build, it’s a plastic body with gradient colors.
As for the performance, OPPO A9 2020 is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm) with Octa-core CPU and Adreno 610 GPU. A9 2020 also features Android 9.0 pie with ColorOS 6.1. As for RAM and internal storage, OPPO A9 2020 comes in two different variants. One if 128/4 GB and another is 128/8 GB RAM variant. This phone is going to compete with phones like Samsung Galaxy M40, Vivo V15 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, Vivo S1, etc. in terms of performance.
Talking about the cameras on OPPO A9 2020, it has a quad-camera set up on the back with primary 48MP IMX586 sensor. This the same sensor which has been used on flagship phones like OnePlus 7 and Redmi k20 pro which means we can expect some great photos from this phone. The camera specs goes like this; 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.3", 0.8µm, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.3, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4", 1.12µm, AF, 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5", 1.75µm macro lens, and 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5", 1.75µm, depth sensor.
Talking about video capture, this phone can shoot up to 4k@30fps. As for the front-facing camera, Oppo A9 2020 features single 16MP selfie camera.
The battery is one of the top features of OPPO A9 2020 as this phone is powered by a massive 5000mAh battery with 20-watt VOOC fast charging support.
OPPO A9 2020 Specifications:
- Display: 6.5-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- CPU: Octa-core (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260G + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260S)
- GPU: Adreno 610 GPU
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0.1
- SIM: Dual SIM + Dedicated SD Card Slot
- Rear Camera: Quad Cameras
– 48MP primary with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture
– 8MP wide-angle with 119° FOV
– 2MP macro lens
– 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes, rear-mounted
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with fast charging
OPPO A9 2020 Price & Expected Launch Date
Oppo A9 2020 price will start at Rs. 16,990 for the base 4GB RAM variant in India. Whereas the expected price of OPPO A9 2020 in Nepal will be around Rs. 35,000. The phone is expected to be launched around 3rd week of September in Nepal.