Comparison: OnePlus 7 Vs Redmi K20 Pro | Is Redmi K20 Pro Really OnePlus 7 Killer?
After the launch of Redmi K20 Pro, there was a huge buzz. Is this the next PocoPhone? Specification wise, the Redmi K20 Pro is a great device with some flagship-level specs. But this time, Xiaomi has raised the pricing a bit. But still, it is one great phone even at that price. After the launch, Redmi K20 pro was also called as the flagship killer phone especially, OnePlus 7. On the specs sheet, both Redmi K20 Pro and OnePlus 7 has similar specs. So, today we are here to conclude whether K20 Pro is really OnePlus 7 killer or not?
Design, Build Quality and Screen
Now let's start with the design. So, here’s the Redmi K20 Pro and the OnePlus 7 side by side. Now both of these phones have premium metal and glass designs but when it comes to the looks you will agree when I say that the Redmi K20 Pro is the most stunning phone. See, OnePlus 7 is a premium phone but it has the same design as the OnePlus 6T. K20 Pro, on the other hand, has this really cool gradient finish that's definitely more appealing.
Both of these phones have the usual buttons the USB C port and both of these phones don't have the microSD slot but the K20 Pro has a couple of things which OnePlus 7 lacks. First up the good old headphone jack. I am a big fan of headphone jack which OnePlus 7 lacks. The second one is the notification LED. Redmi K20 Pro has a notification LED on the top with the pop-up camera and while it's not as convenient as a notification LED on the front it's still pretty handy.
Also Read: OnePlus Mobile Price in Nepal
The OnePlus 7 brings dual stereo speakers and those are definitely better than the single bottom-firing speaker of the Redmi k20 Pro. Both the screen have beautiful deep blacks. Redmi K20 has a 6.39" AMOLED, notch-free, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant whereas OnePlus 7 has 6.41" Optic AMOLED, 1080 x 2340px resolution; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; 402ppi. Redmi K20 Pro has a bezel-less design compared to the OnePlus 7 which has a teardrop notch display and it's pretty obviously the screen of Redmi K20 looks great. K20 Pro has a pop-up camera that looks cool but this results in slow face unlock. On the other hand, OnePlus 7 has a super-fast face unlock.
Now both of these phones are flagship smartphones, the K20 Pro and the OnePlus 7 comes with the same top-notch snapdragon 855 chipset with up to 8 GB of RAM. Both of them perform like a flagship phone in day-to-day usage or game. Both of these phones are great on performance but so yes it's a tie on the performance. But there's one area with OnePlus 7 gets ahead and that is storage. OnePlus 7 comes with the new UFS 3.0 storage while the k20 pro comes with the UF s 2.1 storage.
Now both of these storages have fast read/write speeds but the UFS 3.0 is obviously the newest and it's faster. In terms of software, OnePlus uses OxygenOS whereas K20 pro features MIUI and we all know, OxygenOS is better than MIUI.
Talking about the camera, Redmi K20 Pro has Wide - 48MP f/1.8, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF; Telephoto - 8MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 13MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size Whereas as OnePlus 7 features 48MP, f/1.7, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size; PDAF; OIS; 5MP depth sensor.
In good lighting, OnePlus 7 captures some good photos. Both K20 Pro and OnePlus 7 captures some great photos, but if you compare it side by side, the OnePlus photos look better. On low light, again OnePlus manages to capture good photos as OnePlus 7 has slightly better contrast and detail. Ultra-wide angle photos is a major factor where OnePlus 7 lacks behind as it doesn’t have an ultra-wide-angle lens but K20 Pro features a dedicated ultra-wide-angle lens.
Coming to the videos both the phones support 4k at 60fps video recording. OnePlus 7 videos are better compared to K20 Pro’s videos as it has more natural colors and more stable.
Camera Sample Comparision Between K20 Pro and OnePlus 7
Talking about the battery backup, OnePlus 7 has a 3700 mAh battery whereas K20 Pro has a 4000 mAh battery. Well, it's not a big difference. But having used these phones I can tell you that Redmi K20 Pro does have a better battery life. Now when it comes to charging both the phone support fast charging, The Redmi K20 Pro comes with an 18-watt charger while OnePlus 7 comes with the 20-watt charger in the box. Now comparing the charging speeds, the OnePlus 7 is obviously faster. It takes 75 minutes to go from 10% to 100% while the k20 pro takes 95 minutes. So it's a difference of 20 minutes.
OnePlus 7 Specification
- Body: 157.7 x 74.8 x 8.2 mm, 182 grams, Gorilla Glass 6 front and Gorilla Glass 5 back, metal side frame.
- Screen: 6.41" Optic AMOLED, 1080 x 2340px resolution; 19.5:9 aspect ratio; 402ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm); Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.80 GHz Kryo 485); Adreno 640.
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 128GB built-in storage.
- OS: OxygenOS based on Android 9.0 Pie.
- Rear camera: Main: 48MP, f/1.7, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size; PDAF; OIS; 5MP depth sensor; 2160p@30/60fps video recording.
- Front camera: 16MP, f/2.0; 1/3.1", 1.0µm; 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Battery: 3,700 mAh, 20W fast charging.
- Misc: Alert slider, stereo loudspeakers, NFC, under-display fingerprint reader, UFS 3.0 storage, USB-C 3.1 connector, available in Mirror Gray and Red.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Specification
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back;
- Display: 6.39" AMOLED, notch-free, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
- Triple rear camera: Wide - 48MP f/1.8, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF; Telephoto - 8MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 13MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size; 2160p@60fps.
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up 20MP, 0.8µm pixel size, f/2.2; 1080p/30fps video recording; drop detection.
- OS: Android 9 Pie; MIUI 10 with Poco launcher 2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855: octa-core CPU (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 Gold + 3x2.42 Kryo 485 Gold + 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485 Silver), Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 64/128GB storage or 8GB of RAM, 128/256GB storage
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); 18W fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.15/13 (800Mbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; 3.5mm jack
Yes, both phones have their own pros and cones. But one great factor between these two phones is the price. OnePlus 7 is available on Rs. 59,999 on Daraz whereas Redmi K20 Pro costs Rs.49,999. So, the price difference is around 10,000 rupees. So, it totally depends on you on what kind of phone you want on what price range. For me, K20 pro is totally worth for around 50k in Nepal.