Nubia Red Magic 5S Announced | Another Gaming Phone Coming Soon
Gaming phones are on roll. We witness two new gaming phones a week ago and the third one joins the list. After the launch of Asus ROG Phone 3 and Lenovo Legion Phone Duel, Nubia couldn’t have a sound sleep and launched Nubia Red Magic 5S today. Nubia Red Magic 5S has a starting price of 3,799 Yuan [ Converted |~Rs.64K Nepali Price] for 8/128GB Variant.
ZTE Nubia Red Magic 5S Overview
Nubia has launched the first gaming phone with 5G enabled as Nubia Red Magic 5G and now that phone got to upgrade and launched as Nubia Red Magic 5S. Last year, Nubia Red Magic 3 was launched in Nepal at the price of Rs. 59,999 for 8/128GB so we have high hopes this new Nubia Red Magic 5S will also make its way to Nepal. Some of the Highlight Specs of Nubia Red Magic 5S are
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 Chipset
- 144Hz Refresh rate 6.65″ AMOLED Display
- Active Liquid-Cooling with Turbo Fan 3.0
- Built-in Shoulder Trigger Buttons
- 4,500mAh Battery, Up to 55W Quick Charge
The design of Nubia Red Magic 5S looks similar to its predecessor. Nubia Red Magic 5S comes with a 6.65-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels resolution. Just like Asus ROG Phone 3 and Lenovo Legion Phone Duel, this new Nubia Red Magic 5S also comes with a 144Hz Refresh Rate and a touch sampling rate of 240Hz.
On the top and at the bottom, it has thin bezels which also houses a front-facing camera. Nubia replaces RGB Red Magic branding with a silver-plated heat sink.
Nubia Red Magic 5S is expected is come with the latest Snapdragon 865+ chipset but sadly, they still use earlier Snapdragon 865 SoC. SD 865 is still one of the powerful chipsets but as all gaming phones are using the latest SD 865+, Nubia may lag behind here. It comes with 3 RAM Variants: 8/12/16GB LPDDR5 RAM and two internal storage variants: 128/256GB UFS 3.1.
- Two capacitive touch triggers with the response rate of 320Hz.
- ICE 4.0 which is a three-dimensional heat dissipation system.
- Silver Plate Heat Sink in the middle of the rear panel for better heat conductivity.
Nubia Red Magic 5S comes with a triple rear camera which includes 64MP Sony IMX686 primary lens, 8MP ultra-wide lens, and 2MP Macro Lens. On the front, it has an 8MP Selfie Camera. So, there is no camera upgrade in this new device from the predecessor.
Battery & Others
Nubia Red Magic 5S is fueled by a 4,500mAh battery with the support of 55W NeoCharge fast-charging tech. It’s running on Android 10 with Red Magic OS on the top.
Nubia Red Magic 5S Specifications
- Display: 6.65 inches FHD+HDR AMOLED display, 144 Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, 1080P (2340x1080 pixels)
- CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8/12/16 GB LPDDR5
- Internal Memory: 128/256 GB UFS 3.1
- Rear Camera: Triple rear camera
- 64MP( f/1.7) primary sensor
- 8MP ultrawide sensor
- 2MP dedicated macro Camera
- Front Camera: 8MP with aperture f/2.0
- Video: 8K resolution at 30fps, 4K at 60fps
- Battery: 4500 mAh, 55W fast charging
- Buttons: On-screen Navigational Support, Power Button, Volume Button, GameBoost Switch
- Ports: USB 3.1, Type-C, Dual nano-SIM slot, 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint, G-sensor, Electronic Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light Sensor, Sensor Hub
Price and Availability
Pre-order for Nubia Red Magic 5S has started in China and will go on sale from August 1st. The starting price of Nubia Red Magic 5S in China is 3799 Yuan for 8/128GB Variant. Like with Nubia Red Magic 3, we are expecting Daraz to bring this new Nubia Red Magic 5S in Nepal. The expected price of Nubia Red Magic 5S in Nepal is to be around Rs.64,990 for an 8/128GB variant.