Huawei Nova 5 Launched with Kirin 810 and Quad-Camera Setup
Huawei is currently one of the leading companies in the world of smartphones. Huawei Nova series is one of the mid-range series from Huawei which is being loved by thousands of people. Now, Huawei has introduced three different phones in Nova series i.e. Huawei Nova 5, Huawei 5i and Huawei Nova 5 Pro. Here we are talking about the Nova 5. So, Huawei Nova 5 has been launched with features like HiSilicon Kirin 810 a 7nm chipset and Quad Camera setup. Kirin 810 is an upgrade from Kirin 710 chipset and kirin 710 were being used in phones like Huawei Mate 20 Lite and Huawei P30 Lite.
Design & Built Quality
As for the design, Nova 5 series emphasizes on the statement that “beauty is above everything else.” Huawei Nova 5 features a 6.39 inch Full HD+ OLED screen with 1080x2340 pixels. The design on the phone looks quite great and premium. On the front of the phone, we have a tear-drop notch with a small chin. Overall, the screen looks quite great and thanks to the OLED panel. On the back of the phone, there is a quad-camera setup with a LED flash. There is no finer-print sensor on the back of the phone as Huawei Nova 5 features the in-display fingerprint sensor.
Huawei Nova 5 features the Kirin 810 chipset which is an upgrade of Kirin 710. With the use of HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm) chipset and Mali-G52 MP6 as GPU and octa-core CPU, the phone can provide some great performance. When tested, Huawei Kirin 810 beats the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 in the benchmark. Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 chipset is being used in phones like Xiaomi Redmi K20 and Samsung Galaxy A80. Huawei Nova 5 features Android 9.0 Pie and EMUI 9.1.
Checkout: Honor 20 Price in Nepal
As for the RAM, this phone features a massive 8 GB of RAM with 128 GB of internal storage. Now, you can extend the storage of the phone with, Nano memory up to 256 GB but it uses the slim slot. With 8 GB RAM on this phone, you can expect some great performance and multi-tasking will be even more efficient. We will provide you the complete performance of this phone in our review.
On the back of the phone, Huawei Nova 5 features quad-camera setup which is great. The primary lens is a 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2", 0.8µm, PDAF, a 16 MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2 MP f/2.4, 27mm (wide) dedicated macro camera and 2 MP depth sensor. So, you can expect some great photos from this phone. As for the videos, it only can shoot up to 2160p@30fps and 1080p@30fps.
As for the front-facing camera, it features a 32 MP lens with f/2.0 and the front-facing camera can shoot up to 1080p@30fps.
Huawei Nova 5 is powered by a 3500 mAh battery with fast charging. This phone comes with a 40watt charger which can charge your phone from 0 to 85% in just 30 minutes which is a piece of great news for those power users. Now with Nova 5, you don’t have to worry much regarding the battery backup.
Price and Launch Date
In terms of price, the Nova 5 offers 8GB+128GB storage version and is priced at 2799 yuan. That means the price of Huawei Nova 5 in Nepal will be around Rs.45,000. The Huawei Nova 5 will be released at a later date on July 20, and Nova 5 Pro and nova 5i will be released on June 28 of this month.
Specification of Huawei Nova 5
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass back, 157.4 x 74.8 x 7.3 mm (6.20 x 2.94 x 0.29 in), 171g; Divine Forest, Midsummer Violet, Coral Orange and Bright Black
- Display: 6.39" OLED Capacitive Touchscreen, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi
- Camera: Quad-Camera Setup: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2", 0.8µm, PDAF,16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (wide) dedicated macro camera, 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor.
- Video recording: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm): Octa-core (2x2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MP10.
- Memory: 128/256 GB, 8 GB RAM.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 40W (85% in 30 min).
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 6-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio. USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass