Black Shark 3S Announced | Another Gaming Phone is Coming
With a few weeks, we have seen 3 new gaming smartphones in the market and yet another one is coming to market. After the launch of Asus ROG Phone 3, Nubia Red Magic 5S, and Lenovo Legion Phone Duel, Black Shark 3S has launched in the Chinese market and its global launch is happening soon. Black Shark 3S is launched in China with the starting price of 3,999 Yuan [ Converted |~Rs. 68.5K Nepali Price ] for the base variant of 12/128GB.
Black Shark 3S Overview
Black Shark 3S is launched in China in partnership with Tencent Games means we can expect some cool features in this phone after this collaboration. Also, Black Shark 3S is the upgraded version of Black Shark 3 which was launched back in March 2020. Some of the key highlights of Black Shark 3S are
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, LPDDR5 RAM & UFS 3.1 Storage
- 120Hz Refresh Rate, 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Game Engine and Tencent SolarCore for better Gaming Experience
- 64MP Triple Rear Camera
- In-display Fingerprint Scanner, 65W Fast Charging
Black Shark 3S comes with a 6.67-inch Full HD+ AMOLED with 120Hz Refresh Rate, 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, and 17ms touch response rate. Tiny bezels are found on both at the top and at the bottom to control accidental touch. Furthermore, this display has HDR 10+ certification, Delta E < 1, JNCD <0.55, MEMC technology, refresh rate optimization for games, DC Dimming, blue light filter, and an in-screen fingerprint sensor.
- In-house Game Engine and Tencent SolarCore which will be very handy for better Gaming Experience.
- Sandwich Liquid Cooling System onboard
- A plethora of gaming-related software features including voice-controlled gameplay.
We are expecting an upgrade in the processor but that didn’t happen here. Black Shark 3S is still powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset where we are expecting slightly overclocked Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset. Also, this octa-core chipset is coupled with 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 3 UFS 3.1 internal storage: 128/256/512GB.
Black Shark 3S comes with Triple rear camera housing inside the triangular setup. The main sensor is a 64MP sensor with 13Mp ultra-wide lens and a 5MP depth sensor. On the front, it has a 20MP Selfie Camera fitting inside the tiny bezels on the front.
Battery & Others
4,720mAh battery has powered this device with the support of 65W fast charging. Black Shark 3S is running on Android 10 with Joy UI 12 on the top. This Joy UI 12 is a customized MIUI 12 by Xiaomi.
Black Shark 3S Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch Full HD+, 120Hz refresh rate AMOLED
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G SOC
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256/512GB UFS 3.1 ROM
- OS: Android 10 with Joy UI 12 out of the box.
- Back Camera: Triple rear camera setup comprising a 64-Megapixel primary sensor+ 13-Megapixels 120-degree super-wide-angle sensor+ 5-Megapixels depth sensor
- Front Camera: 20-Megapixel selfie snapper
- Battery: 4,720mAh battery with 65W fast charging technology via USB Type-C port
- Colors: Lightning Black, Armor Grey, and Star Silver
Price and Availability
Black Shark 3S has just launched in China so it might take some time for coming to global markets. We are hopeful that this device will make its way to Nepal as well. We are expecting the starting price of Black Shark 3S in Nepal to be around Rs.71,999.