Asus Zenfone 6 Review | The phone for selfie-obsessionist
Many smartphone manufacturers are inventing new ideas to get futuristic design and bezel-less screen. We have different designs like Pop-Up cameras, Sliding Phones, Motorized Camera’s, In-display camera and flip cameras. Top brands like Samsung have phones like Samsung Galaxy A80 which features a flip camera and with the similar concept we have Zenfone 6 from Asus.
The Asus ZENFONE 6 features a dual-camera assembly mounted on a motorized rig that flips 180 degrees to take selfies - Asus has unimaginatively dubbed it Flip Camera. And the design has been just amazing. The starting Price of Asus ZENFONE is €499, for the base model…which starts at 6 GB RAM configuration, and 64 GB storage.
Design & Built Quality
Asus ZENFONE 6 features a 6.4" IPS LCD, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi screen. The front screen looks quite great with very less bezel only on the button of the phone. The front of the Zenfone 6 is covered in the latest Gorilla Glass 6 for scratch and shatter resistance. Asus have used an IPS panel instead of OLED but the screen looks quite great and the colors are also quite great.
The phone is built with Gorilla Glass on the back with aluminum frame and the design of the phone looks quite premium and feels great on the hand as well. On the back of the phone, there’s a dual-camera setup which can flip 180 degrees. Just below it, there is a fingerprint scanner. There is no any in-display fingerprint sensor. The physical sensor is quite fast and accurate.
Though it has used a unique design to get a great looking phone, it has a great performance as well. Asus ZENFONE 6 features the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset which is being used in top flagship phones like OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, OPPO RENO 10X Zoom, Samsung Galaxy S10 series, Redmi K20 pro, etc. Asus Zenfone 6 features Android 9.0 pie with Asus ZenUI. Asus Zenfone 6 comes with 6 GB and 8 GB RAM variant which is more than enough for normal usage and normal gaming as well. As for the storage, Zenfone 6 comes in three different models i.e. 64 GB/ 128 GB for 6 GB RAM variant and 128 GB of internal storage for 8 GB variant. You can extend the internal storage as well up to 1TB with the help of external microSD.
It lies in the top when comes to the GeekBench score. For single-core, it scores 3505 and beats phones like Xiaomi MI 9, LG G8 Thin1, Huawei P30 Pro, Samsung Galaxy A70 and lacks behind Apple iPhone XR and Samsung Galaxy S10e. And for multi-core, it has a score of 10721.
Asus Zenfone 6 features a dual Motorized flip-up main camera module on the back and features a primary 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2", 0.8µm, PDAF/Laser AF lens, and a 13 MP ultra-wide-angle lens. The main cam uses the Sony IMX586 sensor. Out of the box, the Zenfone 6 shoots in HDR auto mode and in good light the phone captures very nice images. Asus Zenfone 6 captured a lot of details and noise-free images along with great colors.
As for the low light, the Zenfone 6's main camera doesn't excite but gets the job done. The images have good detail but have a lot of noise and softness to the image overall.
Talking about the front camera, this is where Asus Zenfone 6 stands out. Thanks to its flip camera through which we can use the back camera as the front camera and the results are outstanding and has one of the best front-facing cameras in the world.
The Zenfone 6 records video up to 2160p at 60fps and it supports electronic stabilization. Overall, the video quality is quite great and records some great videos.
Check out these cameras samples
Asus Zenfone 6 is powered by a massive 5000maH battery which is quite a big battery and gives great battery performance. This phone supports Quick Charge 4.0 and comes with 18-watt charger out of the box. Asus Zenfone 6 also works as Power Bank as it features Reverse Charging with 10-watt support.
The starting Price of Asus ZENFONE 6 is €499, for the base model i.e. 6 GB RAM configuration, and 64 GB storage which means the price of Asus Zenfone 6 in Nepal will be around 65,000.
Specifications of Asus Zenfone 6
- Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass back, 159.1x75.4x9.2mm, 190g; Midnight Black and Twilight Silver color schemes.
- Display: 6.4" IPS LCD, 1080x2340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi, Gorilla Glass 6.
- Camera: Motorized rotating dual camera assembly. Main module: 48MP, 1/2.0" SONY IMX586 Quad Bayer sensor, f/1.79 aperture, 79-degree FOV (26mm equiv. focal length), laser/PDAF. Ultra-wide module: 13MP, f/2.4 aperture, 125-degree FOV (11mm equiv. focal length), fixed focus. Dual LED flash.
- Video recording: Up to 4K 2160p@60fps with EIS on the main cam, up to 4K@30fps with EIS on the ultra-wide, slow-motion up to 1080p@240fps or 720p@480fps (only on the main cam).
- OS/Software: Android 9.0 Pie, ZenUI 6.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855 (7nm): octa-core CPU (1x2.8GHz & 3x2.4GHz Kryo Gold & 4x1.7GHz Kryo 485 Silver); Adreno 640 GPU.
- Memory: Up to 8GB RAM, up to 256GB UFS 2.1 storage, dedicated microSD card slot.
- Battery: 5,000mAh capacity, 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging, 10W reverse charging.
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 6-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 (1.2Gbps/150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax MU-MIMO; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0; FM radio. USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Rear-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers.